Do you have handspinning questions? Are you looking for answers? Don't worry, Ms Spinster understands and is ready and willing to answer any questions. How do you think she came to be nicknamed: PatsyZ Most Excellent Spinnin' Guru.Calm

? For help write to Patsy at spins(at)spinninguru.com. Your question and her answer could be posted on this web page.

 Use the search tool and category list on the right to find the answer to your question.

Throw-back Thursday, WOW!

A few years back, I had a curious pm on my Facebook page.  
Did I live in Plentywood, MT in the 70s? 
Did I teach 1st grade?  I think you were my teacher.  

After answering positively, the writer said she remembered a dress I let the class decorate.  Well, I still have it, and here's the photo proof.  I don't have a photo of me in it, and it's a wee bit small for me to do a live photo now. 


Here's the dress on my dress form.  The children drew on the dress fabric with permanent magic markers - ONE AT A TIME.  (I have relied on my pre-school training multiple times, working both with children and adults.)

Before I gave each child their turn, t I had drawn wavy orange lines so they knew the size of their section.  They each wrote their name and drew whatever they wanted.  Some decorated multiple sections. It was a class of 25 first graders.

Then I cut the dress out and stitched it together.  I even wore it in a local fashion show.  My husband and I were in Plentywood for his internship for Ministry, in 1971-72.   At that time the town of Plentywood had about 2500 people, the same as the size of my high school class of 1966, in Wheaton MD.

The names on the sleeves are Eddy, Wade M, Tim, Cher, Mike, Carolyn, Melody, Richard, and Ray.  
On the top are Mark, Darcy, Ross, Cherl, Valerie, Mike, Tim, and Carolyn.  On the front skirt are Wade, Howard, Darcy, Ray, Linda, John, Mark, Tanya, Melody, Michelle, Richard, Lori, Ross, and Tammy.  
On the back skirt are Howard, Carolyn, Eddy, Rollin, Jackie, Linda, Richard, Michelle, Ann, Verlain, and Mike.





No comments: